Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I solve writers block by writing

I’m having a hard time writing this paper. So many things on my mind. Excitement. Regret. A splash of nostalgia. A pinch of longing. A plethora of peace tainted by apathy. I could (I do) fill up journals with my thoughts. I could (I do) write lengthy emails to my friends, my family, my hall, my life group. I could converse all day. But these three pages are slippery and elusive.

I love the feeling of sunlight through these windows, and the sounds of George Winston playing Korean Folk Songs.

A note to self (and anyone else who cares): Don’t try so hard to be someone you’re not. Don’t analyze so much what others are thinking of you. They’re probably not. They have a lot of things on their mind. With a few exceptions, most people are just longing for the same thing you are- for attention, acceptance, approval, validation, a hope and a future. Care for strangers like you care for your friends. Just because you don’t know their story doesn’t mean they don’t have one.



I'm ready to write a paper now.

No comments: