Saturday, March 7, 2009

Self reflection. Not quite 25 things.

I love change. Nothing excites me like a new opportunity, a new friend, a new perspective. I am hungry for intimacy. The problem with my love for new things is that it's hard to get to know someone really well when you're constantly jumping into more and more relationships and opportunities. "No" is not a word in my vocabulary.

I am a strange breed of pride and insecurity, stability and emotional rollercoaster, joy and somber reflection.

I love nature. I love the way the light seems to come from the ground instead of the sky on a cloudy day. When I feel wind, I feel God. When it rains, it takes a lot for me to not run outside and get soaked. My favorite switchfoot lyrics: "The stars are alive, they dance to the music of the deepest emotion, and all of the world is singing in time." I would rather go for a walk than sit in a coffee shop. I would rather worship God beside a river, on a hill, or up in a tree than inside of a building.

I don't know what I'm going to be 'when I grow up' but I know that I won't take any kind of standard route. I hope that I am never rich, or complacent.

I don't think I could marry a man if he wasn't: Adventurous, Affectionate, Missions minded, and Head over heels in love with Jesus

My personality is a product of my family, and I am so glad for it. I would not be as joyful, outgoing, free, feisty, creative, musical, strange, or comfortable if not for them. My family is so comfortable. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone else... yet I think it is the perfect word to describe them.

I am absentminded. I lose most things that I don't break. I break most things.

I am a work in progress. In my many moments of frustration (with myself), I turn to the one who began a good work in me, and lean on His promise that he will bring it unto completion.

My all time favorite song: The Lord made your butt, so praise him with it

2 comments:

Jenny Pink said...

Abigail, I am so glad for you being in my life. I'm in the midst of a crazy stretch of school, yet somehow, I'm [mostly] peaceful. God is so faithful, it's ridiculous. At the same time, He's not "fixing" the situations like I keep thinking/hoping/expecting/demanding He will.
It's all about grace; that's what I'm learning. You can't hope for what you see, because then it's not hope.

Matt said...

I laughed out loud for a very long time. This was great. :)