Friday, December 19, 2008

Hot date

Last night I was picked up from my dorm by a well dressed gentleman in a Lincoln. We rode in luxury (heated seats and Christmas music) to a nearby parking structure, and walked arm in arm to his favorite Sushi restaurant. He held the door for me. The place was empty for the first part of our meal, but our laughter filled up the empty space. After sharing our rolls and trading dum dums, we walked out together and went for an evening drive. We appreciated the Main Street Christmas lights, looked out over the river from Broadway bridge, drove to the highest point on campus for a good view, and stood out in the gazebo at Island lake park. He took me for a tour of North campus- the parts I had never seen- and then drove me to my friend's place. We sat together in the car, waiting for her to arrive. I almost fell asleep listening to Christmas music with my head on his shoulder. When she called, he walked me to her door and then said goodnight.


I love my brother.
My standards are set way too high now.

1 comment:

joaniebalogna said...

Keep them there, I would highly recommend it. Otherwise, you will never get another sushi date again!