Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Dana building, floor four, sunlight and solitude

I used to write in blogs.

Livejournal
Xanga
and the unforgettable abbeeb.thisenddown.com

It's kind of embarrassing now, but it's also amazing to look back on my past. Sometimes I'm amazed by how much has changed, but what's more surprising is how much has stayed the same. When I look back at my younger self, I picture a completely different person. It makes it easier for me to excuse my mistakes and insufficiencies. In a few years I'll probably be looking back on "Abbie 2.0, the college edition," and flippantly setting aside my shortcomings as system errors which hadn't been fixed yet.

The thing is, I've always been Abbie, and I always will be.
I'm working on coming to terms with that, since I'll be stuck with this for the rest of my life. There are some perks to being me :) And there are certainly some bugs in this version that will need to be taken care of by the time the next one comes out.

In a selfish way, blogs are good for taking a snapshot of life so that I can look back later and see how I've grown, but also how some things just don't change.

Abigail: Father's Joy. Please keep it that way. Everything else can change.

1 comment:

Iris said...

Dana building! And yay for moving forward!