Monday, March 18, 2013

Adieu, Chiang Mai

Last night in Chiang Mai. Some days, I want to write without editing, speak without thinking, think my thoughts as they come out of my mouth/fingers/improvisation is an art form.

I'm learning every moment in every conversation and new relationship.

Art, for the evening, a strong resonating theme. V's art exhibition was tonight, and I had the privilege to play and sing at it. Thailand has been a wonderful refresher for my love of music. After being gifted a small backpacking guitar, I have been playing at every available moment, reveling in it, taking comfort from it (and singing along to it). This is how I started with music, but things always take a turn when there is money involved. I'm glad that a sincere enjoyment returned within less than a week of leaving paid gigs behind.

Not that I want to leave them behind forever. I'm realizing much about my worth, and about what I mix up for my worth, which maybe has very little to do with it.

Staying with V and Aree is an inspiration, a lesson in passion, an encounter with some really alive people who can't help but make everyone else a bit more alive while they're living.

Tomorrow I take a minibus to Pai, 3 hours north in the mountains, to stay in a bungalow and veg out a bit after all that learning. Larnin. Ya know. It was really nice to see my friends from school and my friends from town and my friends from the guest house all at the art exhibition tonight. And V painted live for us again, with a particularly brave nude model.

I enjoy writing my thoughts for the public, like live art, or maybe sometimes just a ramble, but I'm also learning that the things worth doing are not only the things I am good at. And sometimes by doing I get better. And sometimes I just get enjoyment out of doing. Painting. Dancing. Writing. Running. Mmh. I am alive.

No comments: