Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Monster at the End of this Book.

Despite the title of this blog, photographs have been mostly absent from all blog posts. I have a digital SLR, a Canon SD, and a camera phone. And I actually do take pictures! But whether or not anyone sees them is a different story. That being said, I could present a whole photo album with only the most significant events and still not capture just how eventful this semester has been. And picture is worth a thousand words so let's not even talk about how long that blog post would have to be. Perhaps I will consider more photographs in the future, but I haven't done anything with them for the same reason that I haven't updated my blog or replied to anyone on facebook or caught up with emails for months. (Is it because I am too busy? Or because I have poor time management? You decide.) It scares me a little that in spite of all this, I am secretly (and now publicly) considering twitter. DON'T DO IT.

"I walked downtown today
I hoped that I could get away
from all the worries, filling up my head
I hoped to find some peace of mind
'cause I am falling far behind on everything
but this moment"

(song lyrics by Dave Harburg and myself)

Speaking of lyrics- I went to my first college party! Playing guitar. It was actually an under the sea party at the law quad, and I was not partaking of alcohol or party activities, but rather producing music that could not be heard by anyone at all due to ordinary party noises.

It brought about another set of lyrics:

"It doesn't matter who's listening
'cause I hear you, and you hear me"

(Bex and Abbie)

Far better when there's music involved, and lyrics, and when no one can hear you at all. You'd think I've been doing a lot of songwriting, wouldn't you. FALSE.

Which leads me to my next point/s:
First alcohol consumption
First football game
First Ingrid Michaelson concert for free at borders (MUSIC!)

The conclusion to this entry might take you all by surprise. Given the organization of this email, and my thoughts and actions in general, one might be lead to believe completely to the contrary. HOWEVER, the results are in. The truth is out.

I, Abigail Stauffer, am A.D.D.

4 comments:

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt said...

Wait, for really? Or for "I have trouble paying attention to things and call it ADD"?

I like you posting things. I wouldn't mind you being my twitter friend (I know twitter doesn't have friends, but it sounds better than "i wouldn't mind following you on twitter and you following me on twitter." weird.)

love
matthoose

ShinAlex said...

Abigail. I miss thee.

Daisy said...

Barbie Cakes Online
Send Gifts Online
Birthday Gifts Online