Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Halfway through training

Do you ever put something off for so long that you can't bring yourself to do it?

Like writing someone a letter. Or finishing that project you meant to do a month ago. Or returning to church.

I'll confess, I still haven't finished that letter, and I've received 3 in the interim. What a jerk (me, that is). And I've put off/ forgotten about writing in a blog, posting pictures on facebook, posting songs on youtube, or sending any kind of update to the world about my existence for months now it seems.

Honestly, there is SO MUCH to say, but I am too tired right now to say it. I just wanted to jump one of those many hurdles, to overcome the activation energy and just post SOMETHING. Just something.

Synopsis:

Missions training is amazing. I am becoming a new person.
I had forgotten about the previous post, that I had written about desiring God above all else. Fortunately, I am truly growing in this area.
I am learning to cook, kind of.
I am forming new friendships left and right, and learning to be missional.
God is directing my paths. I am recovering my spontaneity. I never know what a day will bring, but I am certain that God is taking my availability and making much of it. Yesterday I went from slacklining with strangers to doing someone's dreadlocks to listening to a seminar about islam- none of them were planned in advance.
I am still afraid to write songs, but I'm getting in the habit of climbing over hinderances. I like climbing.
I have reconsidered the importance of obeying the law regarding climbing on buildings, playing in parks after dark, and jumping into rivers from railroad bridges. No absolute conclusions yet, but no illegal actions either.
I stay up too late and wake up wonderfully early.
I have unlimited texting. I love my brother.

I floss regularly.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that you floss regularly! It is something I am trying to do everyday, too! And I loved seeing you at the seminar :)

tiff pan said...

haha the fella you're referring to is named Dana. I told him that there's a building at U OF M called "Dana Building." He seemed pretty pleased when i mentioned the glass roof. He has dreadlocks like you: ) The first time i saw him, i thought immediately of you and missed you terribly (first day of work was pretty unsmooth).

Daisy said...

Barbie Cakes Online
Send Gifts Online
Birthday Gifts Online